Audiocodes MP-124 ATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MammerJammer

Oct 23, 2018
Hi all. I've been reading the forums here quite a bit and I've found answers to tons of newbie issues and common setup problems with FustionPBX - Thanks for that.

This is my first post here, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with analog gateways outside the manufacturers listed in the hardware section. Specifically, we have several of the MP-124's deployed and are looking at swinging them over to FusionPBX. Does anyone here have experience provisioning this analog gateway to FusionPBX? Any advice to offer or experience from lessons learned?

Starblazer

Nov 3, 2018
I have an audiocodes mp202b at one of my customers. been rock solid. They were having issues with Grandstream GXWs but as soon as I put in the audiocodes, nothing but smooth sailing.

MammerJammer

Oct 23, 2018
Starblazer, thanks for the response. I've seen some of your contributions in the forum and I appreciate you taking the time.

We have successfully tested the MP202 as well as a ZyXEl 2-port gateway, and the venerable Cisco SPA-122. I'm not sure if we did it in the preferred or best-practices way, but we configured these as Devices, associated an extension with the line, then created an inbound destination for the DID to ring that extension - works great.

Recently I came across a 24 port ATA config by a member here who configured the hardware as a gateway. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me first to configure my gateway as a gateway.. all I can say is my brain jumped to device first.

How did you configure your MP202? I love Audiocodes and we have a bunch of their gear in the lab but I admit I find their configuration GUI to be far more granular and complex that I would prefer.

Starblazer

Nov 3, 2018
I configured mine thru the webgui and as two extensions because it was a pizza place that wanted to use their existing phones and just switch to VoIP. I like the Audiocodes GUI versus the Grandstream because the Grandstream just craps out all the variables on 5 pages. The Audiocodes will separate it into more pages.

Now that I'm pushing more Audiocodes units, I'm going to look into more automatic provisioning

MammerJammer

Oct 23, 2018
I configured mine thru the webgui and as two extensions because it was a pizza place that wanted to use their existing phones and just switch to VoIP. I like the Audiocodes GUI versus the Grandstream because the Grandstream just craps out all the variables on 5 pages. The Audiocodes will separate it into more pages.

Now that I'm pushing more Audiocodes units, I'm going to look into more automatic provisioning

Ahhh... so you didn't configure your MP202 as a device or a gateway in FusionPBX, you just provisioned SIP within Audiocodes GUI directly? That won't work for us because we need the call controls and CDR. This is for a hospitality environment so extensions have to be able to call the front desk, we need voicemail, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.