Autoprovision Admin Password Set Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb5548

Sep 26, 2018
Has anyone had issues with setting the admin password for yealink phones via provisioning? I am testing with the latest firmware on t21, t48g and cp920 and they will not set the admin password after a factory reset of the phone. I confirmed the common cfg file is set with the correct format:
Code:
security.user_name.admin = {$admin_name}
security.user_password = {$admin_name}:{$admin_password}
which translates to:
security.user_name.admin = admin
security.user_password = admin:12345

I have also tried the newer configuration template that uses 'static' (but only for these two fields):
Code:
static.security.user_name.admin = {$admin_name}
static.security.user_password = {$admin_name}:{$admin_password}

Setting the password works fine on other models (t29g, t42s, and t20 all work fine).

Scratching my head a bit and will open a ticket with yealink but thought I would ask here first.

brb5548

Sep 26, 2018
I see the value being set for the admin password and I also see other values being set. I can update the phone's configuration on the fly via the device configuration in fusionpbx but the admin password is never being updated. I opened a ticket and will update when I get a response back.

gunemalli

Dec 18, 2018
Yealink export CFG function removes any/all passwords as a security measure. So you would not see any passwords in plain text.

benw

Jan 21, 2019
do not turn on admin name in default settings as it does have issues cross the board with other devices.

easier to leave just password set

here is the string for device admin though

#Device Admin
security.user_password = admin:{$admin_password}

Reactions: ajhershberger19

Craig Fox

Mar 21, 2018
This is a confirmed bug by Yealink. It's been a while since I opened the case with them and they haven't done anything to my knowledge. It has to do with the admin name and password being set at the same time. Basically, when the phone changes the name during the provision process it no longer knows where to set the password. So you can change either the password or the username but not both.

Of course, all this is via provisioning. You can do this manually all day. Yealink's advice "do this is two separate processes"... I never figured how to really do that.

Note... It has to do with the new "no override" (forget the technical term) settings in the latest templates as this used to work just fine.

Reactions: brb5548
Status
Not open for further replies.