Backup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
A quick question about backups. If I understand how a backup works, then one is automatically created every day and can be found in /var/backups/fusionpbx/postgresql.

Currently there are 5 backups in this directory with the most current one being "fusionpbx_pgsql_2023-11-08.sql". This file is 2.15 MB in size. If I choose to I can copy this to a USB stick for safe keeping?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
That's only the poatgres backup there should be a tar.gz which is you file directories, you should probably backup both

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Where can I find the tar.gz file; is it in the "var/backups/fusionpbx" directory? I so I don't see it there.

I'm reading in the documentation that "It’s always good to have a backup method in place. Here are the steps to a basic backup method with FusionPBX. The install script on Debian will automatically copy this backup script to /etc/cron.daily/fusionpbx-backup. Backups get stored in /var/backups/fusionpbx/postgresql by default."

Does this mean that the default install script is working and I have a full backup in the "fusionpbx_pgsql_2023-11-08.sql" file?

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
You're right it's not backed up any longer but it could be and it would be in that directory.
Code:
https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/blob/master/debian/resources/backup/fusionpbx-backup
shows the script performing the backup

Status
Not open for further replies.