BEST CNAM AND HOW TO IMPLEMENT IT IN FUSIONPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
What is the proper way for me to add OPENCNAM as the cnam lookup for incoming caller ID? Is there a better way or service than that one? I am open to suggestions I just want reliable caller ID info. Voip innovations provides it also from the origination side as well, but if I can provide it at server level I would rather.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Andrew-

I was never able to figure out how to implement opencnam with Fusion.. maybe someone can help with that. At the time I found Fusion, I was using VI as my primary carrier and refused to use them for their cnam services as the cost associated per DID was ridiculous, even being on the wholesale rate deck. I signed up with Bandwidth.com and their cnam per DID is super cheap which allowed me to drop opencam and save money on my end.

I know it isn't the answer you're looking for, but just wanted to give you my experience.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I'm open to new providers. Do you mind telling me the proper way to integrate bandwidth.com cnam with Fusionpbx?

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
It's done at the provider level, like Voip Innovations does.. just at a much more reasonable price point.

abelitouci

Jul 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
We are using Bandwidth as well and got the CNAM part taken care of, it's super cheap as @Kenny Riley mentioned.
The problem we are facing is some customers want the contact name to show up as the caller id instead of the public record, the idea is to lookup on the local postgres DB first and replace the caller ID name, we have played with cidlookup.conf.xml a lot without any luck, can somebody help with this scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.