Best method for getting current

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
Hi,

My system is currently on Debian 9.8, FreeSwitch 1.8.5, FusionPBX 5.0.1. I want to bring it all up to date. I'm thinking of going down the route of a second install and using the restore script from the member centre.

Is the best method? Are there pitfalls I need to be aware of? Is there anything I will need to do on the old server to prepare?

I plan on using the restore script as a daily backup moving forward, and depending on the overall experience, do regular switch overs to a new server. Does that seem a reasonable idea?

Thanks.

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
So I've tried going down the route migrating to a new server with Debian 11 and following the instructions to install FusionPBX clean and the restore script from the member centre. However after it completes (second attempt without error) when accessing via a browser I get this:

F1.png

followed by

F2.png

I used the admin password generated by the install in the first picture, and the database password from the old server in the second picture, but then i get this:

F3.png
Any ideas where i might be going wrong?

Thanks

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
- If you use the browser web install then you need to have the /etc/fusionpbx/ writable to www-data until after the update.
chown -R www-data:www-data /etc/fusionpbx
- Then set it back to when you are done
chown -R root:root /etc/fusionpbx

Other option is to run it from command line under root user like this.
cd /var/www/fusionpbx/ && php /var/www/fusionpbx/core/upgrade/upgrade.php

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
Mark, thank you for your response, to be honest though it didn't really help.

What I did do though, was do another clean install, however before attempting a restore I ensured the original server was fully up to date, and whether it was that, or maybe I read and understood the instructions better I don't know, but this time it went a lot smoother and it all appears to be ok now.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Updated the install script multiple times this week to make sure it was stable at the moment using PHP 7.4. It will likely also work for PHP 8.1. In order to use 8.1 you need to edit the fusionpbx-install.sh/debian/resources/config.sh and set the php_version to 8.1 its not perfect yet but it should work well in a few more days.

Reactions: ZIain
Status
Not open for further replies.