Best Way to Avoid "Missed Call" If Anyone Picks Up - Queues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
I haven't messed with Queues much, as Ring Groups have typically been enough. But I've noticed something that sooner or later is going to become a problem for some people and is about to become a problem with my org even. Ring Groups show missed calls if it ever rings you. This is a feature for most, and fantastic, but sometimes it becomes problematic. Is there a functionality option where when anyone in the Ring Group picks up, it doesn't show missed calls for the others?

Thanks!
- Sam

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
What endpoints are you using? Certainly, with ring groups, you should not be getting a missed call.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
What endpoints are you using? Certainly, with ring groups, you should not be getting a missed call.
Zoiper, GS Wave, VVX400s, GRP2615s and ...I forget the handset ones, DRP something I think. In my experience so far if your phone rings and you don't pick it up, you get a missed call notification, which is what you want, the problem is just whenever you didn't pick it up because someone else picked it up. Sometimes you don't want a missed call notification since it's a company wide number and someone did pick it up, so it isn't technically "missed".

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
In a ring group, I'm almost certain, the cancel message is sent with a reason code, "call completed elsewhere", that should stop a missed call.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016

Code:
3.1 Call Completed Elsewhere

A proxy forks an INVITE request and one of the branches returns a 200
   (OK).  The forking proxy includes this status code in a Reason header
   field in the CANCEL request that it sends to the rest of the
   branches.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
In a ring group, I'm almost certain, the cancel message is sent with a reason code, "call completed elsewhere", that should stop a missed call.
Hmmm...well, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but in looking at the records more closely it looks like I made an error. What appears to be happening is the endpoint registers a call (rightly so), and maybe even marks a notification as if there is a missed call, but upon further inspection shows the call as being completed. At least this is the case for Zoiper, but I'm willing to bet it's the case with other endpoints as well, because I remember making note of this and expecting someone to find issue with it at some point (hasn't yet).

I'm not 100% certain now exactly what I'm asking. I'm almost wanting a use case where it doesn't register a phone call even though it rang because the call was completed elsewhere, but I'm not sure how that would be done, and I think realistically that's not a use case anyone would really want anyway...and if they did a simple delay on the ring would likely solve a lot of that. Just weird to have Zoiper register a notification for both missed calls and calls completed elsewhere.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I know what you mean, the Yealinks that were sat in our (now empty) office were showing 100+ missed calls despite all being in a ring group and receiving the appropriate SIP CANCEL messages. Dumbass things just ignored them, and Sales shat their pants thinking they lost hundreds of leads.

It's going to be down to the app to remove the notification on receiving the CANCEL. We get around this by putting a delay on the mobile handsets because they are a bit of a last resort compared to the quick draw deskphones.

Reactions: PBXMePlz

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I'm trying to get this resolved for call center queues. I'm using ring all but it applies to all ring types. The system will ring the phones for x seconds. If nobody answers, it stops the attempt and tries again. When this happens, there is a missed call. If the call is answered at the first attempt or any other, there is no missed call. With my use cases all being a "put a phone here and there and there and over there too so I can answer no matter where I am in the building" situation, the missed calls are a nuisance. - Back to scrolling the forums I go!

Reactions: PBXMePlz

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
I'm trying to get this resolved for call center queues. I'm using ring all but it applies to all ring types. The system will ring the phones for x seconds. If nobody answers, it stops the attempt and tries again. When this happens, there is a missed call. If the call is answered at the first attempt or any other, there is no missed call. With my use cases all being a "put a phone here and there and there and over there too so I can answer no matter where I am in the building" situation, the missed calls are a nuisance. - Back to scrolling the forums I go!
If you find/found anything, feel free to add it here.
What endpoints are you using? I wonder if there's settings in some of them to maybe almost not keep logs, or something to that effect where you can play with it a little bit and get closer to the goal.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You can on Yealinks, it's Account -> Basic -> Missed Call Log.

Just disables them completely though.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
If you find/found anything, feel free to add it here.
What endpoints are you using? I wonder if there's settings in some of them to maybe almost not keep logs, or something to that effect where you can play with it a little bit and get closer to the goal.
I haven't found anything. I am using Grandstreams right now for testing. I'd like them to be my go-to because of gdms.cloud and their pricing - but I need to get everything working with them before I sell them. FreePBX has a setting for queues that fixes this, but I am moving away from individual FreePBX servers to FusionPBX.

Reactions: cagriaksu
Status
Not open for further replies.