BLF key for presence and DND status

Status
Not open for further replies.

edschofield

Jul 7, 2023
Hi. Does anyone know of a way that I can one button for an extension that you can use to monitor weather it's on a call or not, as well as weather it's on DND or now? I know I can have a regular BLF and a 2nd one set to dnd=<ExtNo>. But this means using 2 keys per extension and the BLD one can't be used to call the extension. I feel like this will need a custom dialplan to achieve, but I'm coming up blank.

neeek

Mar 12, 2021
Hi

The keys that you would use for BLF usually are only capable of displaying 2 different states (on yealink its either green or red) so unless you have a phone with a key that can display 3 different colours, your best bet would be to use something like the flash operator panel

edschofield

Jul 7, 2023
Hi. I think having 2 states is fine, just need to be able to distinguish if the extension is busy or not. regardless of weather it's on a call or on DND. FOP would work, but I think it's Asterisk only. But more looking for a solution that can take advantage of the BLF's. Like I said, I think it should be possible, just needs someone smarter than me to help figure out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.