blocking spam calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Dealing with an issue where one of my clients is getting a lot of spam, see below is an example of what happens in a 60 second period, the number vairys, some days nothing, then some days this. Upstream sip provider says there's not much they can do, they offer spam blocking but this number doesn't get a spam score, other than manually blocking numbers in fusion is there anything I can do ? is there any fail2ban style system but with phone calls where i could block this many calls from the same number in such a short time ?
Screenshot_264.png

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Use the call block application. Build a call blocking dialplan including wildcards If it is a specific range of numbers. Add call screening to extensions. Have the inbound calls route through an IVR. Many sip providers have a way to block numbers at their level. Report the numbers to your country's version of federal communications commission (this does not block the number but complains about the number)

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Fail2ban, event gurd, ACL, using strong SIP passwords, set 1 registration concurrent.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Use the call block application. Build a call blocking dialplan including wildcards If it is a specific range of numbers. Add call screening to extensions. Have the inbound calls route through an IVR. Many sip providers have a way to block numbers at their level. Report the numbers to your country's version of federal communications commission (this does not block the number but complains about the number)
the numbers seam random unfortunately, ive tried blocking them in the call block application but its just whack a mole, the number is different daily, I was hoping for a way to identify the calls by just the volume from the same number in a short period of time

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
You can look into integrating apiban I believe. I believe one of the freeswitch developers is involved in it

Reactions: s2svoip
Status
Not open for further replies.