BulkVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Hello,

Quite honestly, I am not even sure how to search for this issue. I am using BulkVS and they hand the call off from one location to another as they see fit. If I use a specific IP address, all is fine. If I use their FQDN, the call drops when the call is moved.

My issue with having calls go to a specific IP address is that in Dallas, all would be fine. However if everything failed over to NYC, it wouldn't make sense for me to have phones register to Fusion in NYC and then explicitly send calls back to Dallas. I enabled track-calls on the external profile hoping that would allow me to use their FQDN, but I had no luck.

Is anyone aware of how I would allow all this to work?

mbogersr

May 5, 2021
I had a similar experience when I used SRV records. it would hop from one to another. I switched to IP and all is fine. I use them for their 911 service which is really cool. I don't have any issues with call quality.

mbogersr

May 5, 2021
First of all I think their idea of using SRV records sucks especially if you set registration expire to 25 seconds like they recommend. You get bounced all over the place and calls drop. I just use the IP method.
They have a few good things going for them that help with the Kari's Law and Ray Baum act that we have to meet on all new MLTS systems here in the US. First they have a 922 test portal to play back what your system is sending to the PSAP. You can program your dial plan to send this information. In addition they provide Web Hooks to help with Emergency notifications. They will also send an emergency alert sms to several cell phones within your customers company alerting them of a 911 call. You can program FusionPBX to send out emails to key personnel as soon as the 911 call is made. You can also send an sms message with the station number that made the 911 call to key peoples cell phone. I am sure there are lots of other companies out there that provide these services but Bulkvs also has very good prices and are trying to help us MLTS guys.

Reactions: ict2842

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
SMS is still something I've never got setup and working mainly because I dropped worrying about it forever ago, though I do want to get it functioning at some point. That email function is what I'll likely be using most. Having a separate call made that will "page" select staff would be neat and I am sure I can take code from here and there if I really wanted to in order to do it. Essentially, security and the receptionist would get a call and when answered the system would announce "User {name of user} has placed a 911 call." or something.
Web Hooks are something I'm not going to mess with for the time being, though it could definitely make for a neat explanation.

I think BulkVS definitely has the advantage of low pricing and a functional user panel, though I have my own development desires for it (such as tagging DIDs to clients to quickly identify what belongs to who).

Status
Not open for further replies.