Busy and Time out Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbenwellp

May 19, 2019
Hello All,

I seem to be having trouble with busy and timeout tones.

I am using a VoIP phone at home as my replacement as im lucky enough to get FTTP in the UK so all im wanting to do is have one number going to one ext to imitate having just a normal PSTN line.

I was having a problem where the "ring-ring" which I now know is called ring back was sounding like someone was dialling aboard when calling me I have now sorted this by using a ring group to ring the on ext which I can then set ringback to UK

Main Problem
I seem to be having a problem when the phone is engaged instead of it coming up line busy and making the busy tone when a mobile or landline rings me they get a call failed if from a mobile or a tone that sounds like you have dialed a incorrect number! :/ I have checked all over the forum I have checked NGREP and it says call state BUSY. but doesn't seem to be sending a UK busy

Second problem
would be nice to know how to fix but I have a workaround for the moment is ideally I would like the phone to just ring and ring for as long as possible like a landline normally would with no VM and then a time out tone tone but for the moment I have managed to get it to ring for 120secs which is enough time for most people to get bored and ring back later!

Thank you!!!

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
I know you didn't ask about this, but...
have now sorted this by using a ring group to ring the on ext which I can then set ringback to UK
Check out Advanced > Variables.
1562019716515.png

I've not had an issue with the busy tone, so I'm not sure where to point you.
(Maybe changing the locality settings will change the BUSY tone?)

For the second problem, maybe make a simple Call Queue and log your only phone into it.
That way, it should ring a lot longer than 120 seconds, and will be able to have multiple calls in holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.