Button Provision Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick_S

Oct 21, 2021
Hello All I have run into an issue where when I program a button through the device on fusionpbx I select provision in the top right but the button never shows up unless I factory reset my phone if I go to status-->Registrations and select provision there it does nothing as well even though both scenarios the banner pops up that says the command was sent. But if I select reboot from the registrations section it will push the reboot command and my phone will actually do so. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
** Was my guessing of how it works, but been corrected by a cleverier person than me, ignore**
If you reboot the phone then its the phone thats going to the provisioning site and getting the configuration, if you press the provision button then your waiting on the phone checking in and fusion being able to push the information. Sometimes you have to wait a while for it to happen. If you look at the registration under applications your see the a expsecs on the end of the status counting down. Have you left the phone to see if the provision appears x minutes later?

What phones are they?

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If you reboot the phone then its the phone thats going to the provisioning site and getting the configuration, if you press the provision button then your waiting on the phone checking in and fusion being able to push the information. Sometimes you have to wait a while for it to happen. If you look at the registration under applications your see the a expsecs on the end of the status counting down. Have you left the phone to see if the provision appears x minutes later?

What phones are they?

That is not the way things work at all.

The provision button sends a sip request to the phone to sync, it should be immediate.

My guess is what is happening here is that the provisioning server is not being sent in the provisioning file, that would cause this behaviour, ie only works on a factory reset and that's because on factory reset the phone will contact Yealink RPS servers which sends the provisioning URL.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
That is not the way things work at all.

The provision button sends a sip request to the phone to sync, it should be immediate.

My guess is what is happening here is that the provisioning server is not being sent in the provisioning file, that would cause this behaviour, ie only works on a factory reset and that's because on factory reset the phone will contact Yealink RPS servers which sends the provisioning URL.

The originally poster didnt indicate phone type, etc and said reboot. My guess was that the provisioning server details are in the handset which is why its immediate on a reboot. My provision buttons can take 3-4 minutes (or longer on some sites) to push a provision so I did base my "guess" on how the system worked, thank you for the correction, Id guess on some kind of comms issue back to the phone, maybe firewall related?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No, I still think the above, the 'sync' command is sent to the phones causing a reboot so the sync is getting there, the only reason I can think why they do not provision, its based on the same sync command, is because they do not have the provisioning URL, for many years the provisioning URL had to be specified manually in order to be sent with the config. It will be easy to tell, just download the provisioning file for the phone and look.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
This is the actual bit of code that is involved:
Code:
if ($action == "unregister") {
        $command = "sofia profile ".$row['profile']." flush_inbound_reg ".$row['user']." reboot";
}
if ($action == "provision") {
        $command = "lua app.lua event_notify ".$row['profile']." check_sync ".$row['user']." ".$vendor;
}
if ($action == "reboot") {
        $command = "lua app.lua event_notify ".$row['profile']." reboot ".$row['user']." ".$vendor;
}

Patrick_S

Oct 21, 2021
Thank yall for all the information. I looked into getting the provision file mentioned and i was unable to find the exact section that that would be in I downloaded all the files that I could for the ext in question from the fusion server( see screenshot 1) and none of them had anything that looked like it was what you were talking about. it may be a different process for my phone ( Yealink T56A)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.