Cache doesn't get flushed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetS

Jun 16, 2020
Hello colleagues. There is a weird problem with files in /var/cache/fusionpbx/*.
The files never get deleted and it is causing problems with applying extension settings.
Flush cache button in SIP Status menu doesn't work.
All files and the folder are owned by www-data and if you delete them manually the system can recreate them just fine.

/etc/fusionpbx/config.lua:
--cache settings
cache = {}
cache.method = [[file]];
cache.location = [[/var/cache/fusionpbx]];
cache.settings = false;

I'm on 4.4 stable branch. Just cloned it again to make sure everything is up to date and untouched.
Please help to find out what is going on.
Thank you.

KennethL

Jun 28, 2020
I have observed the same issue with the cache not updating.

As an example: I created a new inbound route, only to have inbound calls to that number being dropped.. Looking at the events in FS_CLI, I can see it iterating through the dialplans, all except the newly created route, so it drops the call with error: [inbound routes] 404 not found.

If I look in /var/cache/fushionpbx/dialplan.public, the new route isn't listed.

The only fix I am aware of, is to delete the relevant file under /var/cache/fushionpbx manually, so that the system can create a new/updated one - thereafter everything works again.

Same as NetS: files owned by www-data:www-data

I am on 4.5.18

Any reason why the cache doesn't update?

Any advice would be appreciated!

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
  • KennethL - did you try Menu -> Status -> Flush cache and see if it is deleting the cache? Also make sure the directory /var/cache/fusionpbx is owned by www-data
  • NetS - We are still limited on resources so 4.4 is not being maintained that makes it a prior release but not the stable branch. Bug fixes are happening on 4.5.x for that reason. If using 4.4 you are at more risk for bugs and security exploits.

Last edited:

KennethL

Jun 28, 2020
Hi Markjcrane

I have just had a look to confirm - attached images to confirm ownership of folder and content.

I get a +OK Cache flushed message when I click the Flush Cache button under Status -> Sip Status, but the files remain int he folder. I imagine, once the cache is cleared and the files recreated, it should have new timestamps as well, but that is not the case.

Thanks to you, and DigitalDaz for the assist so far.

Attachments

• DirContent.png
    DirContent.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DirPermissions.png
    DirPermissions.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 47

AcridLine

Jun 24, 2022
I know this is an old thread but wanted to pass along some info in case it can help someone. In my case the cached files are in /dev/shm and were owned by freeswitch instead of www-data. Before I realized the ownership was wrong I removed the sticky bit on /dev/shm and it fixed the problem. Not sure if this is a good and proper solution but it worked in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.