Call center and going on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
www.myinternetsupport.com
Hi folks...we had an interesting thing show up. We had an agent put a call on hold and then the agent I think went off shift or something stupid. I am hearing this way after the fact. But the person on hold was on hold for like 20 minutes. Is there a way to avoid this type of scenario?

Thanks leon

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
so folks is there any way we can figure this out? there has to be a way for a call to ring back to the agent or to the queue if it seems to be in limbo somewhere, no?
back on topic.

I don't think this would be a function of the call center. If the agent takes the call but then puts a call on hold (not park) then it would be up to the endpoint to handle the call. If the agent uses call park, you can modify the call park dial plan to ring back the call center or any other destination after x amount of time.

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
www.myinternetsupport.com
back on topic.

I don't think this would be a function of the call center. If the agent takes the call but then puts a call on hold (not park) then it would be up to the endpoint to handle the call. If the agent uses call park, you can modify the call park dial plan to ring back the call center or any other destination after x amount of time.
Right that's how I feel it should work. but the pbx has control over every call. The call center routed the call to the agent. The agent talks to the person and puts them on hold. The call is still tied to the agent's extension while in hold (we tested this as the agent can unhold and the call comes right back to them. I would think somewhere in the pbx code there are timers controlling how long a call is running and there should be some timeout function, no?

FYI all the agents are using the soft phone Zoiper and there is a hold button and when call goes on hold it says Local hold. I did notice when I unheld a call just now from myself (from an outside number) I had one-way audio in other words, the call that was held from the outside I could not hear on my extension when unheld. That's another issue.

any other ideas?

thanks leon

Status
Not open for further replies.