Call disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
This seems a strange one for me but we have one of the clients on our multi tennant pbx who raised a concern that when they call a couple of numbers the call drops shortly after connecting. Only happens with two numbers. When I call from a mobile it works. If I call the same numbers from the pbx the call drops.

Now when I check SNGREP its show 500 internal server error as the cause. It seems (and im only guessing here) that the call drop sas soon and the other ends IVR kicks in. Ive raised this with the sip provider who only came back with, the end response was "Bye" so could not tell my why this was happening.

Stangley I changed the Gateway from External to Internal and guess what the calls worked fine. The Sip provider is Gamma who use port 5080. Does changing the Gateway to internal actually send the call via 5060? and this is why the other end is acceptng the call correctly?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
It doesn't state it on the FreeSWITCH doc, but I think they use sip-port from the profile if it's not explictly set in the gateway's proxy field.

Probably a question for Gamma regarding that port thing. Really, it shouldn't make a difference but I only know how my own SBCs work. Gamma have those weird IP locked trunks.

Reactions: Andyd358
Status
Not open for further replies.