SOLVED Call forward ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
I have a ring group that simultaneously rings some extensions, what’s the best way to call forward the ring group from a handset ? Or should they just unconditionally forward one of the handsets in the ring group ?

Can a blf be programmed to enable / disable a forward on a ring group ?

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Can you setup a "Call Flow" and instead of call forwarding just activate another destination. You can also configure a BLF key on your handset to activate/deactivate call flows.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
boom, thats what I was looking for, just doing some testing now. thanks

so I would direct the inbound external number to the call flow with its destination as the ring group, then the alternate destination as the forward.

I want to forward calls to an external number, I thought I could just hit the button next to the alternative destination and input a number but that does not seem to work, do I need to put something else in there ?

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Yep direct your external number to the call flow.

Configure Destination and give it a label
Configure Alternative Destination and give it a label

Make sure you set extension and feature code.

ie.
Extension: 30
Feature Code: *30

Then on the handset you configure a BLF *30 to turn the call flow on and off.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Yep direct your external number to the call flow.

Configure Destination and give it a label
Configure Alternative Destination and give it a label

Make sure you set extension and feature code.

ie.
Extension: 30
Feature Code: *30

Then on the handset you configure a BLF *30 to turn the call flow on and off.
works perfect, the only issue is I want the alternate destination to be an external number, not an extension or voicemail. would I have to create a new extension with call forward permanently enabled and select that?

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Two ways to do that:

1. Create a new extension and put on the call forward. This is good if you want users to be able to change that number themselves. ie. an after hours / on call mobile.

2. On the alternative destination select transfer to an extension, select any extension. Then click on the arrow box button next to the input box and you can manually change it.

It might look like this:

transfer:1001

Just change the number and nothing else like this:

transfer:04121312312

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Two ways to do that:

1. Create a new extension and put on the call forward. This is good if you want users to be able to change that number themselves. ie. an after hours / on call mobile.

2. On the alternative destination select transfer to an extension, select any extension. Then click on the arrow box button next to the input box and you can manually change it.

It might look like this:

transfer:1001

Just change the number and nothing else like this:

transfer:04121312312
yeah I tried number 2, but once I save and go back its gone, so it doesn't keep the setting. I guess I can just do no1 route

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
humm so I did #1 and your right, they want to be able to change that number themselves, but how would I do that ? the extension is not registered to an endpoint its just there so the call flow can select it

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
yep just use an unregistered extension and set a call forward, assign users to the extension who need permission to change it.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
yep just use an unregistered extension and set a call forward, assign users to the extension who need permission to change it.
how would they change the call forward on that un-registered extension though?

Status
Not open for further replies.