Call forward with proper Caller ID?

bbrendon

Oct 17, 2017
Hello. I've noticed that the Call Forward (follow me) feature sends the wrong CID. It's sending the forwarding party's 4 digit extension to the carrier which causes the call to drop.

I'm on 5.0.1.

Is there some way to change CID when forwarding? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe this is fixed in a newer version?

I found some older threads about it but they all seem to apply to 4.x versions.

Thanks.

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
Account > Extentions > Ext No > Call Forward > > Call Forward
1713865641349.png
I just tested it. I am on 5.1.0

bbrendon

Oct 17, 2017
I just updated to 5.2. It's still broken. Its showing the CID of the extension, the cell phone doesn't ring and says its Junk call.

bbrendon

Oct 17, 2017
I did more testing on this. The Polycom phone rings from a ring group. The person answers. Blind Transfer forwards the Caller ID of the calling party and the call goes through. Assisted Transfer gets flagged as a spam with the calling party caller ID. I'm not sure exactly why one works and the other doesn't.

I think the real issue is the spoofed caller ID.

neeek

Mar 12, 2021
I did more testing on this. The Polycom phone rings from a ring group. The person answers. Blind Transfer forwards the Caller ID of the calling party and the call goes through. Assisted Transfer gets flagged as a spam with the calling party caller ID. I'm not sure exactly why one works and the other doesn't.

I think the real issue is the spoofed caller ID.
We had the same issue with forwarded calls being rejected by the receiving party as they thought we were spoofing the caller id

The trick is to set the diversion header, you add the following just before the final line
export > sip_h_Diversion=<sip:${caller_destination}@${external_sip_ip}>;reason=unconditional

Under the dialplan call_forward_all

Attachments

• diversion.jpg
    diversion.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 3