Call Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Hi all,
I've now deployed two customers with FusionPBX and I the real learning curve starts now!
I have a client with 10 extensions, this client only wanted 1 DID for reception, this obviously isn't the best setup and perhaps I can add him individual DID's later. For now though when the receptionist is not at the main desk the partners would like to pick up the ringing reception extension from their desks. I see there's an extension intercept option **ext.

However, this customers extension numbers are set in the 300 range, and I'm not sure why but on occasion when the partners bodge the intercept and by mistake hit *300 for instance the dialplan on the Grandstream goes out of whack and I have to reset the phone. Now I set a "programmable key" with **300 set and it worked on the one phone for an hour and stopped, and has never worked on the other two partners phones(exact same settings).

I already use a ring group and call center for the reception extension only as the partners don't want their phones ringing when reception rings...so my questions are:

1. Is there a better method than using call intercept for the partners to pick up the ringing reception extension, without adding them into the ring group or call center?
2. Should I be using the "feature code" option on the phone instead of the "programmable keys" with the **ext for intercept?

Hopefully someone here can help with this, that said I have deployed two customers sites now with a mix of grandstream and yealink, and have to say as a preference the yealinks seem better and more refined.

Last edited:

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
No I haven't it may be a day before I can test it, but I see the definition as "group-intercept" does this not mean the intercepting party needs to be within the same ring group to collect this call? I mean with ext-intercept you actually stipulate the extension number you wish to pickup, with *8...I'm assuming that by not defining the extension you are intercepting would mean you need to be part of the same ring group...and in this case the pickup user is not part of the same ring group.

Edit, Sorry just searched it now, I see it means same call group and not ring group...I will give it a go, and where best to set the *8, programmable soft keys or feature code? and thanks for your help!!

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Yes it is the call group but I have a suspicion it might work without one. I think you can have more than one call group for an extension.

Feature code or programmed button should work. We use feature code.

Reactions: CPav
Status
Not open for further replies.