Call Recording to Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldy_UK

Jul 7, 2017
Trying to figure out how best to implement this.

I found the wiki (http://wiki.fusionpbx.com/index.php?title=Emailing_Call_Recordings) which appears a little dated against the latest version of Fusion.

Does anyone have any ideas how to email call recordings once the call is complete? Is there a simpler way to do this with the latest version? I had a look through the variables and defaults but nothing stuck out.

The send script to email looks fine to use and I thought it might be possible to use the local_extension in the call plan perhaps?

Any points would be much appreciated.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have never tried this and I don't see it being technically difficult to achieve. What I have never seen in five years of using fusionpbx is anyone wanting this. There are often limits on email servers and the recording particularl as wavs will get very big, very quickly.

Goldy_UK

Jul 7, 2017
Indeed, the reason they want it is because the current system (Nortel / Avaya BCM50) does it like this so they simply have a mailbox for all call recording.

Limits are not an issue it will email to an internal Exchange server whereby we can set limits to whatever we want. Recordings will be in MP3 to help with file size.

The example seems to be different from the current dial plan in fusion, not that surprising given it was in 2014, so I was wondering if anyone had attempted it of late.

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
can anyone report back if they had success implementing this Email recording ?

dev

Sep 12, 2021
also facing same issue, not able to set email recording, any help on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.