Call Return for Fusion PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwangmien

Oct 3, 2018
Hi,

We have a customer who has the following call requirement when return call.

Setup :
  1. Each user when call out will have their company number displayed on the callee's phone
  2. When the company number is called, the call will be routed to a IVR
Scenario:
  1. Extension 100 User calls to a mobile phone. The company number is displayed to the mobile phone user.
  2. The mobile phone user is busy and did not answer the call.
  3. When the mobile phone user returns the call by dialing the company number, can Fusion route the call to Extension 100 directly , instead of going to IVR ?

Regards,
Kwang Mien

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
If I understand your question correctly. Is that for example I call someone from extension 101 and my caller ID shows up as 888-888-8888 now, that person didn't answer and a missed call from this caller ID and calls back this number system should detect caller ID from customer and route the call automatically to extension 101?

kwangmien

Oct 3, 2018
If I understand your question correctly. Is that for example I call someone from extension 101 and my caller ID shows up as 888-888-8888 now, that person didn't answer and a missed call from this caller ID and calls back this number system should detect caller ID from customer and route the call automatically to extension 101?
yes. that is correct.

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
Hmmmm .... that's definitely not out of the box in fusion but it's doable with custom programming. I would suggest giving this customer lets say 50 did or the exact amount they need and for example main phone number should be 888-222-0000 and the rest should be like 888-222-0101 , 0102 , 0103 and so on . This is just a simple solution that every did gets directed to its own extension.

kwangmien

Oct 3, 2018
Hmmmm .... that's definitely not out of the box in fusion but it's doable with custom programming. I would suggest giving this customer lets say 50 did or the exact amount they need and for example main phone number should be 888-222-0000 and the rest should be like 888-222-0101 , 0102 , 0103 and so on . This is just a simple solution that every did gets directed to its own extension.
Thanks for your reply. currently the user has personal DID. it is just that for call return, the call should be directly routed to user if he has called before.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I would maybe do it something like this...

When a call is made, store the extension number in redis with an expiring key for the length you need, eg last hour, day week etc.

Then when new call comes in, look into redis for that callerid and find the extension that matched it, then route to that extension.

I do see a whole can of worms with this though, What if the person is on holiday, sick etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.