Call Transfer with Multiple Registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
My end user wants all 3 phones to ring simultaneously and anyone can pick up the call. I understand this is easily done with multiple registrations e.g. register extensions 101 on all 3 phones. However, how does he transfer the calls from phone 1 to phone 2 after phone 1 picks up the call?

dbz195

Feb 3, 2021
You can simply create an ring group(ring all) ext#101 to 103 and able to transfer.

when you have more then one registrations with a one ext# on multiple phones, it can cause issues.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Yes but multiple registrations is supported and it would be is to know if there is a way to transfer to another phone after you answer.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Multiple registrations isn't designed for multiple users to share an extension in the manner you're describing. A typical use case would be for a single person to have a desk phone and one or more additional endpoints such as a soft phone, cordless, or perhaps a remote office desk phone.

If you need a call to ring multiple phones for multiple users to answer, Ring groups, Call center, or Call groups are the ideal way to route calls.

If a certain extension needs the option to be picked up from other phones, or alert other phones in case the primary user isn't at their desk, Follow-me or call pickup are viable options.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Multiple registrations isn't designed for multiple users to share an extension in the manner you're describing. A typical use case would be for a single person to have a desk phone and one or more additional endpoints such as a soft phone, cordless, or perhaps a remote office desk phone.

If you need a call to ring multiple phones for multiple users to answer, Ring groups, Call center, or Call groups are the ideal way to route calls.

If a certain extension needs the option to be picked up from other phones, or alert other phones in case the primary user isn't at their desk, Follow-me or call pickup are viable options.
That's a great explanation. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.