Call Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2017
Is there anyway to simulate call waiting in the dial plan without effect ability of using attended transfer features.

Thanks in advance

Andy

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Call parking, call hold, one call per line? I think you need to explain the scenario a bit more Andrew.....

May 16, 2017
Hi Easy - Sorry your right i did not raise that very well.

Ok so the scenorio is -

We use Micros SIP softphone for on eof our clients. While they are on a call users can also still get called and this interupts the work. While the user is on the phone we would actually like the direct calls to go to Voicemail.

We have a broadsoft product we used to sell - On this we would just click of call waiting so that each extension only was ever presented with 1 call.

Kind Regards

Andy

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Call waiting cannot by default be handled easily in Freeswitch. It is a function of the phone and should really be handled there. Is there no way to disable call waiting on the softphone?

May 16, 2017
Unfortunately no - I can Set the limit of calls to 1 but this then stops attended transfers from working.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I was going to suggest you use a ring group with a single extension and skip active but that option that used to be there now appears to be gone.skip_active.jpg

mahalel_

Apr 6, 2017
Damn, also looking for a way to turn off call waiting at PBX level. Tried achieveing using limits and sort of works except now my attended transfers don't work anymore.
The ring group skip active sounds like a good workaround, wonder if maybe it's worth going back through previous commits to find out the missing code and adding it back into the PBX that needs this feature may be a good idea.

EDIT: found this commit - https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx/commit/b7ee708ee0dee959b6e9e2e328081affcc171702

Code:
Remove skip active as it has been replaced by strategy: rollover which skips endpoints that return a busy.

But if the endpoint doesn't return a busy, you can't stop the 2nd call from ringing through :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.