Caller-ID name instead of number

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Hello, I've done some searching and can't seem to find the answer to this. I have a customer and would like to set just one of his extensions to show the Company name instead of his number. I've tried removing the number and leaving just the name but this shows and "Unknown" caller-id on the receiving side. If I blank out both the name and caller-id fields for the extension then I just get the extension number showing as the caller-id at the recipient side. Is there a way to force caller-id name instead of number just for one extension?
Also could this be my upstream voip provider no allowing names as caller-id?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Also could this be my upstream voip provider no allowing names as caller-id?

Almost certainly. It probably won't even be preserved if you have both as soon as it traverses into things like SS7, you can only really ever be certain that a full telephone number will make it through to the other end.

You'll have to withhold the number (*67 in the default dialplan), or just set the outbound CLI to a more suitable one.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Almost certainly. It probably won't even be preserved if you have both as soon as it traverses into things like SS7, you can only really ever be certain that a full telephone number will make it through to the other end.

You'll have to withhold the number (*67 in the default dialplan), or just set the outbound CLI to a more suitable one.
Figured as much, tx for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.