CallerID on Outgoing wrong with Specific Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
Hey all this is the response back from vendor support:

"Sam, I think I've got this figured out. What we're looking for when it comes to the caller ID number is the user part of the from URI. For example, when you send a call that says "From: “XXXXXXXXXX” <sip:…" in the INVITE header we're going to use the username (starting with sip:) as your outbound caller ID number. ACME will drop the phone number in quotes. You should configure the PBX to send us the from line reading From: sip:CALLERID@sipserver.com. If this isn't possible with your implementation of FusionPBX/FreeSwitch you can also choose to add an asserted identity to the INVITE which ACME will respect and pass on to the FS and SBCs."

Can I just add XXXXXXXXXX@sipserver.com to the effective_caller_ID? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Long story short the end issue is that effective_caller_ID shows up as 000000000 to people or unknown caller, but only through a particular vendor.
Through another vendor it works but this vendor is saying they read the "from" on sip invite, and it needs to look like the above.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
In the advanced/gateway settings you can enable caller ID in from, equally from what they are saying in the caller id type just put: pid.

Adding pid will just cause the PBX to add a p-asserted-id which I think they would accept too.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
In the advanced/gateway settings you can enable caller ID in from, equally from what they are saying in the caller id type just put: pid.

Adding pid will just cause the PBX to add a p-asserted-id which I think they would accept too.

That did it!!! What a god among men you are good sir.

To finish out this thread for anyone else I figured I'll go into detail on what I did to make it work. Under Accounts -> Gateways -> (select gateway) -> Advanced button, from there I changed Caller ID in From, as a note you seem to have to re-register (which makes sense) before changes take effect. See example below.

1564007004863.png

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
An changes to a gateway, you need to stop and start the gateway again.

Status
Not open for further replies.