cannot send custom callerid outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Hi

Possibly this is unique to my supplier. To get the trunk working within the gateway I specify a "From User" as the trunk number given to me by my supplier, my effective_caller_id_number has to match the “From User” number else I cannot dial out.

I have a situation where by I need to show a yet to be ported number as the outbound caller id. The supplier is saying that with cli pass thru enabled on their portal I should be able to pass any number through however I can’t because the effective_caller_id_number has to be the same as the "From User"

Any suggestions or advice?

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Taking this thread I think the solution is the simular although it doesnt work for me:

Ive enable "caller ID in from" start/stopped the gateway and then changed the effective_caller_id_number in the outbound rule to be 44123456789@domain.name but I get not found comming back, as soon as I put 44987654321@domain.name which is the trunk number it works again.

Tim

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You should just need to put the effective_caller_id_number as 44123456789. the domain will be tagged on automatically.

Who is the provider by the way?

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Thanks for confirming Daz.

The platform is a Openreach (OR) / BT provider via Daisy (Now DigitalWholeSale), I believe it is a Broadsoft platform ultimately.

Daisy had their own config portal originally which also didnt allow me to use caller id other than the trunk number BUT it did have the ability to allow a default presentation number to be configured for all out going calls from the trunk so it was fine.

OR are now bringing their own config platform up which is a backward step in relation to configuration and now I have the issue.

Ill go back to them

Tim

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Sorted it for this provider.

With this provider you have trunk users that are numbers assigned to a object within the platform. So the trunk has a number itself but then the trunk user can then be assigned another number, not the UK presentation that I wanted, but you assign another free number from the provider (DDI?) BUT within the configuration protal of the provider you can then assign a UK presentation number to that trunk user / DDI.

All sorted.

Thanks for conformation, gave me a kick up the @rse to work it out.

TIm

Status
Not open for further replies.