Can't call out over cell network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deezer

Aug 6, 2021
I am using Groundwire as a softphone and Telnyx as a carrier. Everything works fine if I am on WiFi. However, when I am on cellular data (AT&T) I get a SIP 413 error response when trying to make an outbound call. I can still receive calls. If i switch to SignalWire as the carrier I am able to place calls. I would prefer to stick with Telnyx. Any thoughts on where to look?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
413 is request entity too large. I can't say why Telnyx has decided to return this error, it could be related to overall packet size or it could be that your SDP body or content is too large, for example too many codec options being offered. Maybe connecting via the cellular data is adding some extra routing headers?

Last edited:

Deezer

Aug 6, 2021
I think Fusion is returning the 413 and Telnyx is then returning a 480. I have reached out to Telnyx to see if they have any suggestions. Its just very odd that it works with Signalwire.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Sounds like you will need to do some logging on the Fusion and maybe some packet catures in order to understand exactly what is going on.

Deezer

Aug 6, 2021
Sounds like you will need to do some logging on the Fusion and maybe some packet catures in order to understand exactly what is going on.
After messing around with it a little more I have found in sngrep that the conent-length header is almost twice as large when I am on cellular data as opposed to wifi. Any thoughts on next steps of troubleshooting?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
This is the content-length on the INVITE right? Then it is almost certainly the SDP body, look at the body do you see more codecs offered? If the answer is yes, then reduce the number offered, you could even try restricting it to PCMA or PCMU only. I'm only guessing, if you can post the detail of the packets we can have a proper look.

etsiot

Jan 14, 2018
Hi, I am facing exactly the same behaviour with Groundwire.
@Deezer could you please let me know if/how this was resolved?

Deezer

Aug 6, 2021
Hi, I am facing exactly the same behaviour with Groundwire.
@Deezer could you please let me know if/how this was resolved?
If I remember correctly, I had to reinstall Groundwire. I think I changed a config in the app that was making it not work. That was many moons ago. If I can remember anything else I did I will let you know.

Reactions: etsiot

etsiot

Jan 14, 2018
Many Thanks for the quick feedback. I am also expecting their support to get back to me.
Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.