Can't delete domains (Solution in thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stin

Jun 19, 2020
Hi,

I am having an issue I never had before. On a new installation of Fusion PBX, I ran the install scripts as normal and set the IP, rebooted and tried to log in with the default 'admin' and generated password but it wouldn't work. I messed about and got the password reset, but now I can't delete domains. I have no delete button.

I reset superadmin permissions but got a 504 error for about 10 minutes (periodically refreshing the browser) until it apparently finished updating all the permissions.

I set the default IP-based domain name/IP to '0' and created a new domain to see if I could delete that one (in case the Delete button appeared only when the operation was valid.) Nothing.

I ended up editing the database via postgresql, removing the two domains. However, I STILL don't have a 'Delete' button.

Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

I am having an issue I never had before. On a new installation of Fusion PBX, I ran the install scripts as normal and set the IP, rebooted and tied to log in with the default 'admin' and generated password but it wouldn't work. I messed about and got the password reset, but now I can't delete domains. I have no delete button.

I reset superadmin permissions but got a 504 error for about 10 minutes until it apparently finished updating all the permissions.

I set the default IP-based domain name/IP to '0' and created a new domain to see if I could delete that one (in case the Delete button appeared only when the operation was valid.) Nothing.

I ended up editing the database via postgresql, removing the two domains. However, I STILL don't have a 'Delete' button.

Anyone else had this issue?

It is disabled by default now. Go to Advanced / Group Manager and then press on permissions for superadmin. Go to domain settings and tick the block for domain_delete and save. Logout and back in and you're good to go.

Last edited:

stin

Jun 19, 2020
It is disabled by default now.
Oh, dear! Fantastic idea.

Go to Advanced / Group Manager and then press on permissions for superadmin. Go to domain settings and tick the block for domain_setting_delete and save. Logout and back in and you're good to go.

I just double-checked the setting, as I was going to get a screenshot for you, but the setting "delete_domain" was not ticked. I will tick it now to see what happens.

So, the original posted advice I had initially read stated that the setting to enable was "domain_setting_delete" - This is incorrect.

It's a shame that inaccurate information is given to others. IMHO, the other posts incorrectly referencing this setting should be corrected for future reference.

After double-checking, and some testing, I found that the correct answer is actually:

1) Click on Advanced -> Group Manager;

2) Click on 'Permissions (xxx)' next to 'superadmin';

3) Scroll down to the 'Domains' section (or Ctrl-F and type 'domain_delete'). (This is the option that someone decided should be off by default for superadmins!)

Screenshot_2020-06-20 Group Permissions - FusionPBX.png
4) After ticking 'delete_domain', clicking 'Save', logging out and then back in, you will be able to properly manage your domains! You may also have to clear your browser cache as lots of information is cached in your browser, too.

(I think domain_setting_delete allows a superadmin to delete properties/settings, but NOT the domain itself.)

stin

Jun 19, 2020
Maybe the pertinent thing to do is to re-enable this by default for 'superadmins', but not for 'admins'. Maybe even encourage, after installation, the creation of an 'admin' account under the superadmin account which can't delete or create domains, only administer settings within it's default/given/associated domain(s)?

DaveDog

Feb 9, 2018
This doesn't work either. Cannot make the change of domain_setting_delete to enabled. Superuser, cleared cache,

Status
Not open for further replies.