CDR software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Hi

What CDR software would you recomend we get CDR.CSV files from Gamma nd KCOM for our billing and currently use a broken system that was built years ago to decipher them and do the invoicing. We are looking to upgrade this and would like a self hosted option. Hopefully free!!

What would your recomendations be?

Cheers

Andrew

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
IMHO you are better to actually put a billing system in between the provider and the PBX then you can implement some anti fraud control too.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
IMHO you are better to actually put a billing system in between the provider and the PBX then you can implement some anti fraud control too.
I understand what you mean but a lot of our call charges are not from using the pbx some are pstn a mixture really

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
We get three different CDR sheets from our providers and need an easy way to translate them at low cost

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have never found an inexpensive off the shelf solution to this.

You may find the simplest thing is to write a CLI script, or three separate scripts, in php, perl, python etc. that takes each suppliers file and converts it into a standard format of your choice, that you can then import into your billing system.

It's not too bad if you break the process up in to manageable chunks. I found the most difficult part was building the lookup tables to say that cost band "DC38" from one suppler is the same as a "UK568" from another supplier.

The whole thing has become even more complicated now because we have some suppliers that have different charges within the same cost band depending on the digits dialed, so we have ended up building digit related lookup tables too.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
I have never found an inexpensive off the shelf solution to this.

You may find the simplest thing is to write a CLI script, or three separate scripts, in php, perl, python etc. that takes each suppliers file and converts it into a standard format of your choice, that you can then import into your billing system.

It's not too bad if you break the process up in to manageable chunks. I found the most difficult part was building the lookup tables to say that cost band "DC38" from one suppler is the same as a "UK568" from another supplier.

The whole thing has become even more complicated now because we have some suppliers that have different charges within the same cost band depending on the digits dialed, so we have ended up building digit related lookup tables too.
Wow thats a bit over my knowledge to be honest hance the reason for trying to fins something

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
I was looking at CDRStat but cant get it to finish installing looks like the dependancies are now too old

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
CGRates, it will take some configuring but you can feed it cdrs and it will spit you out rated ones.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Check out BillRun.com they have a decent open source product and low cost paid version.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
We are actually trying out billing booth it seems pretty good even if we have to pay its not too expensive. Seems pretty good and they have really good support upto now.

Status
Not open for further replies.