Change outbound caller number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebe

Mar 13, 2017
Our outbound caller number is in the following format defined in the extension: 025122145

When we make an outbound call with one gateway I want to change that outbound caller number to +3225122145. Is that possible with Fusionpbx?

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017
Yes you can.

What I do is create the number in "Dialplan->Destination" after that I go to the extension and in "Outbound Caller ID Number" select that particular number, and if you SIP Provider allows it, you should see the number calling.

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017
Depending on the provider, you have to a few things to get this going. Some providers are ok with the effective_caller_id whereas some others expect sip_from_uri

Please note I use this to allow multiple providers for fail-over.

https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/didlogic.21/ Normally you don't have to go this extreme as the first option works most of the time.

Off-Topic, What is that email option that you have there, looks interesting. :)

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Off-Topic, What is that email option that you have there, looks interesting.

I use 2 or 3 providers per outbound route. Out of these providers the last one is usually most reliable but most expensive; so I add that provider as the last one. When other providers fail for whatever reason, calls fail-over to the next provider and the email line is triggered before invoking the last bridge; I investigate the reason if I get a couple of such emails in succession.

Keeps my wallet healthy and I don't have to sleep in the garden shed :p

Reactions: tag915

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017
I use 2 or 3 providers per outbound route. Out of these providers the last one is usually most reliable but most expensive; so I add that provider as the last one. When other providers fail for whatever reason, calls fail-over to the next provider and the email line is triggered before invoking the last bridge; I investigate the reason if I get a couple of such emails in succession.

Keeps my wallet healthy and I don't have to sleep in the garden shed :p

Yeah I also use different providers, can you provide that "lua" line? I would like to test it out, I already have smtp enabled. Thanks!

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017
Please take a look at email.lua at Advanced-> Script Editor. There is a usage example shown in the file. If you are stuck post back with the issue.

I hope you mean Advanced->Default Settings->Email

Found it! Let me check and yes SMTP in Default settings, I already have Voicemail via email, Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.