changed callerid not showing only original`

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
I was starting to look at ring groups, immediate thing I noticed was that I couldn't change / modify /add the callerid, it only showed the incoming callerid number from the sip provider.

I then realised that any options for incoming callerid change do not work.

I wanted to add a word onto the ring group, say Sales, Or Technical. I tried to add that word into the ring group Caller Name.

I notice that there are "Change caller id" settings in the default settings for the different groups, is that where I should be looking? If that is the case does that mean that every extention needs a user assigned? At the moment I only have extentions, no users.

Tim

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Add to that, I went back to basics and tried to prefix the incoming number direct to a handset (Yealink T42S) and I can see that the destination number is being modified in the dial plan but its still only showing the incoming number.

condition destination_number^(?:Sales)?(44xxxxxxxxxx)$20
action set hangup_after_bridge=true30
action set continue_on_fail=true40
action transfer 4xx XML domain.co.uk

That's all rubbish isn't it? That's modifying the destination number, not changing the incoming CallerID.

I wont guess any more till someone comments.

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Providing you have the permissions set for the user editing/creating the ring group...
Screenshot from 2019-12-10 15-09-09.png

You can add a CLI prefix to the inbound call in the ring group itself:
Screenshot from 2019-12-10 15-07-26.png

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Thank you Thank you. Id mixed myself up like a kipper there and looked straight through it. Sorry for such a simple question.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.