Changing Default port 5060 for internal profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfernandez

Oct 31, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am currently running version 4.5.13. Everything has been great and I've been loving FusionPBX. Thanks to everone on the forums here.

I wanted to change my port for SIP from 5060 to 5070. My reason being that I typically get a lot less registration attempts by doing this. I am unable to change it however. I went to Advanced>Variables and changed internal_sip_port however that doesnt seem to work. I've restarted the SIP profile as well as rebooted the entire server and nothing seems to work. I bet it's something small I am missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
That really not the best way to deal with this. If you are using the recommended way of using FQDNs for domains then you can enable a couple of rules to block attempts at the IP address itself, look in /etc/fail2ban/jail.local, you will see a couple of rules disabled by default.

tfernandez

Oct 31, 2019
Hi @DigitalDaz thanks so much for your response. I'll check that out. Currently I have FQDN domains enabled however I am still receiving login attempts to the IP. I don't actually have a domain on my public IP. Should that be something I should worry about?

I'll look into those fail2ban rules :) Thanks a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.