Cisco 7911 SIP NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Hello all, I know there's been a few posts regarding this particular model phone and how it uses random high numbered ports which results in broken NAT.

An exert that outlines the issue

"Most consumer VOIP services, including providers that support Cisco 79x0 model phones, will not work with 79x1 phones without intervention on the provider side. Because the 79x1 phones send SIP messages from arbitrary high number UDP ports (e.g. 49000+) the symmetric NAT approach used by Asterisk (nat=yes) and most VOIP providers does not work with these phones. The 79x1 will transmit ICMP unreachable messages back to SIP proxies that attempt to respond to SIP registration using symmetric NAT (you will see inbound SIP messages from the proxy with a high number UDP port destination, assuming your router works with symmetric NAT).
The 79x1 behavior is RFC compliant, just incompatibly non-standard. Cisco support reports that this the use of random high number ports to send SIP messages is a "security enhancement" compared with Cisco's other/older products.

This guy had a workaround/fix but using 3rd party go betweens. http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/20...sco-ip-phone-for-voip-using-sip-revisited.htm

I want to know if there is anyway FusionPBX can overcome these issues?
I've tried changing the below in my sip profile to all available options

<param name="NDLB-force-rport" value="true/safe"/>
<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="auto-nat"/>

I have this in the phones SEP conf file, which I've also tried with every conceivable combo of options

<natReceivedProcessing>true</natReceivedProcessing>
<natEnabled>false</natEnabled>
<natAddress></natAddress>

I have 40 of these phones, I have outstanding results with the 7940/60 series, I just assumed the 7911 would be the same, I've tried firmware versions 8.5 and 9.2

Does anyone have anything I can try before I mothball these phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.