Cisco SPA Dual Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Hi,

I'm supporting legacy Cisco SPA's and I wanted to have them reg to two different DC's for redundancy. The phones do support this but there's a couple of gotchas.

First the dual reg only supports UDP, nowhere is this documented but I figured it out through trial and error.

Second this is how you get them to reg:

Proxy: [Domain of tenant]
Outbound Proxy:[IP of fusion pbx: port number]
Alternate Proxy: [Domain of tenant]
Alternate Outbound Proxy [IP of secondary fusion pbx: port number]

I'll work on some templates in the coming days.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Hi guys,

Attached is my template for a dual reg SPA 504g.

To make this work you have to set same variables either as a profile or per phone, The variables are:

spa_dual_registration = [Yes/No] Yes will turn on dual reg, No will only reg the primary
spa_server_ip = [IP ADDRESS] The IP of your primary Fusion Server
spa_alternate_server_ip = [IP ADDRESS] The IP of your alternate Fusion Server

Here is an example of the relevant xml

Code:
<Proxy_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">{$server_address_1}</Proxy_1_>
<Use_Outbound_Proxy_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">Yes</Use_Outbound_Proxy_1_>
<Outbound_Proxy_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">{$spa_server_ip}:{$sip_port_1}</Outbound_Proxy_1_>
<Alternate_Proxy_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">{$server_address_1}</Alternate_Proxy_1_>
<Alternate_Outbound_Proxy_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">{$spa_alternate_server_ip}:{$sip_port_1}</Alternate_Outbound_Proxy_1_>
<Use_OB_Proxy_In_Dialog_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">Yes</Use_OB_Proxy_In_Dialog_1_>
<Register_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">Yes</Register_1_>
<Make_Call_Without_Reg_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">No</Make_Call_Without_Reg_1_>
<Register_Expires_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">{$register_expires_1}</Register_Expires_1_>
<Ans_Call_Without_Reg_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">No</Ans_Call_Without_Reg_1_>
{if $sip_transport_1 == 'dns srv'}<Use_DNS_SRV_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">Yes</Use_DNS_SRV_1_>{/if}
{if $sip_transport_1 != 'dns srv'}<Use_DNS_SRV_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">No</Use_DNS_SRV_1_>{/if}
<DNS_SRV_Auto_Prefix_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">No</DNS_SRV_Auto_Prefix_1_>
<Proxy_Fallback_Intvl_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">600</Proxy_Fallback_Intvl_1_>
<Proxy_Redundancy_Method_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">Normal</Proxy_Redundancy_Method_1_>
{if ($spa_dual_registration) == 'Yes'}<Dual_Registration_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">Yes</Dual_Registration_1_>{/if}
{if ($spa_dual_registration) == 'No'}<Dual_Registration_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">No</Dual_Registration_1_>{/if}
<Auto_Register_When_Failover_1_ group="Ext_1/Proxy_and_Registration">{if isset($spa_register_when_failover)}Yes{else}No{/if}</Auto_Register_When_Failover_1_>

A reminder SIP transport must be UDP for this to work

Attachments

• {$mac} -504G-Dual-Reg.xml.txt
    50.2 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.