Cleared Cache. Registrations dropped and could not connect via SoftPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

acoma

Nov 17, 2018
Hi All,

I have the following:

FusionPBX 5.0.3.
Ubuntu 20.04 (Not my choice./ Stuck with it)
Freeswitch 1.10.7
Cache is file mode under /var/cache/fusionpbx.

I have moved the coredb and the Internal registrations in to Posgresql.

There is not a lot of call volume and dial plan is very basic but we have a large amount of registrations. ~5000 over 4 domains.

The extensions were setup with SIP Force Contact = 'Rewrite Contact IP and Port'. As this was causing a 30 second expiry back to the clients, I edited 'Sip Force Expires' per extension to 65. I tested on a few extensions manually and saved. This would cause the directory.extension file in the cache to be removed and then replaced when the client re-registered. The file had the new expiry timeout. All good.
I then ran a mass update on the v_extensions table in Postgres to mass update all the extensions in the domains I wanted changed. That went ahead fine. I did realise this would not update the cache files.
After business hours, I cleared the cache from the GUI, and all the files in the directory were cleared.
However, then, 'fs_cli -x "show registrations" | grep total' showed registrations down to 6 ( from ~5000), and did not recover. There were no new files being created in the cache folder. I tried reloadacl and reloadxml. No joy. I tried connecting with Bria on a working account and could not connect.
I had to restart Freeswitch to get connections working again.
Logging is not up high enough unfortunately so I have nothing to look at in the logs.

Question: Did I do steps in the wrong order? When updating the Postgresql DB for mass changes, is there a preferred way to "enable" the change in cache? Or did I do things correctly and I need to troubleshoot this further with better logging?

Cheers.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Don't know if it's the exact same issue, but I had a cascading registration failure using the SQLite coredb. So many simultaneous registrations just caused it to lock up. Switched to postgresql core which handles locks and caching a bit better and the problem disappeared.

There's a script called dsn.sh in the installer directory resources which can do the legwork for you.

acoma

Nov 17, 2018
Don't know if it's the exact same issue, but I had a cascading registration failure using the SQLite coredb. So many simultaneous registrations just caused it to lock up. Switched to postgresql core which handles locks and caching a bit better and the problem disappeared.

There's a script called dsn.sh in the installer directory resources which can do the legwork for you.
Thanks but my core and internal-registration tables were already in Postgresql as Sqllite3 could not cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.