* code to set night service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I have a customer that has a "time of day" setup. In the mornings at 8AM the calls ring the receptionist and she handles all the calls. At 5PM the calls go to an auto attendant. This works fine. The issue becomes when the office closes early, or sometimes they dont go in. Is there a way I can program a * code or something that they can dial themselves and it would trigger the after hours greeting?

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
Absolutely, under Application>>>Call Flow, set destination number to call flow and from there set to time condition or else. In call flow you set * code turn it on or off.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Didn't work. Maybe I misunderstood. After I set it up, I call and the systems accepts the call then hangs up, but nothing happens. Phones are still ringing to receptionist. What am I missing?
under Application>>>Call Flow I have the following set:
Name: <Generic Name>
Extension: <new random ext>
Feature Code: *72
Destination: <After Hours Auto-Attendant>

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
You need to set destination and Alternate destination. When the status would be true it would go to Destination and when False it would go to Alternate Destination. Also make sure your DID destination is set to Call Flow.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Right now the DID is pointing to the TimeCondition. I figured out how to update the call flow setting to day mode and night mode. But how would this overwrite the timeCondition? If I set the DID to the calls flow, how will it automatically flip back?
My ultimate goal is have it from 8-5 ring the receptionist and then go to the auto-attendant after hours automatically. On occasion have the customer dial *72 to overwrite this and then the next morning at 8AM it will automatically flip back to it's normal schedule.

mudasar321

Apr 18, 2019
You DID should directly appoint to call flow, in call flow Destination should be your time condition and Alternate Destination should be after hour auto-attendant. Once call flow status is true, it will act as your time_condition because it's going to time condition and when it's false it would go after hour greeting and will not hit to time_condition. Hope I explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.