Codec selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

atux_null

Mar 29, 2018
Hi. New to the area. I have an installation in my lab and i am learning out of it. At the moment rhere is not any provider,only internal calls.
I would like to have all of the users as g711alaw, as first priority.

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
I would like to have all of the users as g711alaw, as first priority.
If you use provisioning for clients, please set this in the provisioning template. Or if you set up devices one by one, it should be easy enough to set codec priority in the device.

Also adjust codec preference in Fusion under Advanced -> Variables

1522658658617.png

atux_null

Mar 29, 2018
Hi. Being honest with i thought that way would work and i had mine as PCMA, PCMU, G722, GSM
for testing i have an android device with Linphone, 2 windows 7 PCs with Jitsi and an android device with Granstream softphone.
any call between those devices, show on the screen of the application that it is as PCMU.
I would like to have all devices as PCMA first priority

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
If generous codec selection is available, the device originating the call gets to choose the codec based on the preference set on it. Now, if you set a single codec on the PBX and turn off transcoding, it should force the client to change the codec but you'll always run the risk of call setup failure.

There are different settings available for you to play with: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codec_Negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.