Configure all inbound calls to a trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
Hello Gents,
I have multiple carriers, and I would like to know if someone can assist me on how to configure all my inbound calls to a specific trunk. I would like to use one carrier for outbound and one carrier for inbound. How do I configure to push my inbound calls to that one Trunk.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, I am not understanding what you mean by trunk. We do not have trunks in freeswitch so I need to understand what it means to you in this context?

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
To be specific...."Gateway". one configures a SIP trunk in the "Gateway" selection.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Well, here you may understand my confusion.

You can actually receive calls to FusionPBX WITHOUT any gateway configured.

Just point your calls to your fusionpbx at your carrier ie did@yourip:5080 or even did@yourip:5060

Or, configure a gateway and register it to the carrier then all calls should be sent from the carrier to that gateways registered endpoint.

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
Thank you for that @DigitalDaz

However, I have one carrier that allows free inbound calls. And the other carrier i is for outbound. I would like to send all inbound calls through that free inbound carrier, they do allow any call on that SIP trunk.

My question is, is it possible to push all inbound calls to that carrier inside fusion aside from configuring a cube router and send all calls via dial peers.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, I am completely lost.

Normal inbound call flow:

phone-network > carrier > fusionpbx > phone

Do you mean something else for inbound call?? When I say inbound call I mean a call coming to FusionPBX FROM a carrier.

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
Ok, so I have to carriers. Carrier A provides a rate for inbound calls. I prefer carrier A for all outbound calls.

Carrier B provides me free inbound.

I want to send all inbound traffic from Carrier A to Carrier B inbound SIP trunk.

I am aware of configuring a 3945 cube router to route calls. I am wanting to know if fusion can route accordingly.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I am very sorry but I too am completely lost with this thread.

Normally, either you would own a number range or you would use a sub allocation of a number range owned by your carrier. If you own a number range, there is normally a method whereby you can port those numbers to a carrier of your choice. The carrier then needs to do some work to ensure that when someone calls one of your numbers, the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) knows which carrier is hosting those numbers and will route the call to that carrier so the carrier can then route the call to you. There is nothing FusionPBX, or any other router can do on the subscriber side of the network to route inbound calls to another carrier.

Inbound calls route to the carrier that owns that range of numbers or has those numbers ported to them.

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
@Adrian Fretwell

You correct, somewhat.

I am able to configure dial-peers on a Cisco Cube and send it to where ever by the session target. The next question would be, will the carrier accept numbers from outside their network(In which this carrier does and will). It works with no problem, however, I was thinking if I am able to configure the same setup in fusion.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I think I understand what you are asking. You want to configure FusionPBX to behave more like a SIP router than a PBX. Effectively a SIP router to replace the Cisco Cube. This is not something FusionPBX is designed to do, but you can almost certainly configure FreeSWITCH to behave in this manner - not something I have ever done or even contemplated.

You may find that kamaillio or OpenSIPS may be better suited to your needs. I've got a feeling there is a project called Drachtio that used FreeSWITCH as a SIP router / application server.

I think it may be possible to use FusionPBX, but I would not like to try to advise how to go about it. Performance may also be an issue in a trunk routing scenario, again simply because FusionPBX is designed as a PBX, not a trunk router.

Status
Not open for further replies.