Convert FreePBX outgoing trunk to FusionPBX Gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtph

Oct 30, 2022
I have a Grandstream FXO configured as outgoing trunk:
GSHT500.png
Device FXO port is registered with above user/password:
GSHT501.png
Looking at Gateway settings I can't figure out how to duplicate this configuration. Please advise.

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
This looks like a FreePBX/Asterisk screen. I think you might need to find a more appropriate forum or reach out to FreePBX for support.

qtph

Oct 30, 2022
This looks like a FreePBX/Asterisk screen. I think you might need to find a more appropriate forum or reach out to FreePBX for support.
I am seeking help converting that into FusionPBX, that is why I am here. My external gateway registered as Extension and outgoing calls should be routed there. I had no problem doing it in FreePBX but switching to FusionPBX for a number of reasons and having difficulty understanding how it can be accomplished.

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
There isn't enough information there to help you, and what you did provide indicates that you want to register the Grandstream FXO device. If that's the case, and assuming you've installed FusionPBX correctly, do the following:
  1. Create an extension. After saving it, write down the extension number and password.

2. Log into your Grandstream FXO device, add the account to the device using the extension number, domain/realm (this may be the IP address of your FusionPBX server), and password belonging to the extension you just created.
That's a general idea, anyway. You may need to look up how to add the account to the Grandstream device from Grandstream. Grandstream is pretty good about providing instructions for their devices on their website.

To create an outgoing gateway, you'll need to create the gateway based on the information provided by your termination carrier on FusionPBX by following the instructions:
https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/accounts/gateways.html

Then, you'll want to create an outbound route so calls will be routed to the correct gateway.
https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/dialplan/outbound_routes.html

I hope this helps.

qtph

Oct 30, 2022
FXO device has already been configured as Extension and logged in. My PPX is sufficiently configured for incoming from FXO and outgoing calls via VoIP gateway calls.
My question is about sending outgoing calls to FXO device the same way as it has been done via FreePBX/Asterisk configuration provided above.
Outbound Routes screen does not offer selecting an Extension for outgoing calls.

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
In the outbound route, it should create a condition based on the destination_number. Add another condition that matches the variable ${sip_from_user} to the extension number and ensure its order is lower than any other outbound route with the same destination_number condition.

qtph

Oct 30, 2022
In the outbound route, it should create a condition based on the destination_number. Add another condition that matches the variable ${sip_from_user} to the extension number and ensure its order is lower than any other outbound route with the same destination_number condition.
I need to route outgoing calls to FXO, connected as Extension. Looking at outbound route created for my trunk provider I see the last rule as

action bridge sofia/gateway/gateway_UUID/$1

What is the syntax to change destination to my FXO Extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.