Correctly setting Caller ID for each domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

junction1153

Jul 15, 2020
Hi,
First post, and looking forward to getting experience with FusionPBX

Set up my first system. Trying to work with Caller ID. I set the effective_caller_id_number in the outbound routes. For basic outbound calling, this works fine.

Two scenarios:

A. Call forwarding - the original Caller ID is not passed. It uses the effective_caller_id_number in outbound routes in stead

B. Overriding the Caller ID for a specific extension is not possible when setting CID in outbound routes

Is there a workaround to these two issues? Or maybe I am setting CID incorrectly to begin with? I prefer to just set it once for domain, rather than have to manage it with each and every extension individually, if possible.

thank you

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
It is better to set CID at the Extension level or put it in the "domain-variables" dial plan.

junction1153

Jul 15, 2020
Thank you. I actually did try that initially and it worked but ended up undoing it when I saw that it also applied that setting to all my other domains. Is there a specific way to edit that variable to apply for only the domain in question?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
"domain-variables" is exactly what it sounds like. It applies settings to a single domain
"global-variables" on the other hand would set things system wide.
1595017264078.png
1595017442144.png

Status
Not open for further replies.