create a new internal sip profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

calin

Jul 29, 2022
hi all, i need your help to implement a scenario. now i have a fusionpbx installed on a public ip which works great: gateways registered, endpoints registered, etc. right now i need to implement a new client's pbx on same fusionpbx, but the sip provider give him a sip trunk on a internal ip: on the client site the internet provider which is the same provider as the sip trunk installed an equipment and on a router's port gives him the sip trunk; i've transported this port till our fusionpbx (installed in a datacenter) and setup a new network card attached to the fusionpbx machine. i can ping the gateway of the sip trunk provider. now i want to setup a gateway on the fusion to use in and outbound traffic. first of all i've created a new internal sip profile because the sip trunk provider use internal ip and "user=phone" for the pbx. in this profile i've put as hostname the ip provided by the provider. i've also create a new gateway based on this new internal profile, but when i try to start the gateway i get "invalid profile".

can someone tell me why i get this and how to solve, please?

thanks and regards.

calin

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Forgive me if I misunderstood, but why can't you use the existing 'external' profile for this 'SIP Trunk'?

The internal and external don't refer to IP networking, this is about which context the INVITES will be in. External is for trunks who are authenticated via IP ACL, Internal is for extensions who authenticate via password.

I would personally just try adding the SIP Trunk IP address to gateways and the domains (or providers) Access Control List.

calin

Jul 29, 2022
it doesn't work like this, tried. but now i have another issue, as i've created an external profile (with the internal one doesn't work), the call hit fusionpbx, fusionpbx call the remote phone, but after 10-15 seconds everything goes away; if i pickup the phone when it's ring, i didn't hear anything

Status
Not open for further replies.