Creating your own auto provision config files

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
I have experimented a little with creating my own {$mac}.cfg files for phones, in this case a favil X4U. I tested out the X4 template and mostly it seams to work with the X4U but few things I am not sure about. I see mark has started work on X4U which I see in git but from what I can see its mostly incomplete

I started by configuring settings on the phone then viewing its config to see what had changed, this shows me the values for the settings that I need to change.

I see the if statements that pull the data and insert it into the right place so I got that

How do you know where in the template it gets the information from, i.e. some are global settings defined in default settings > provision, like date/time etc but then some are pulled from the device config like the sip account details. The X4 template seams to work mostly but some things are not, I would need to add more default settings and then edit the template

for example:

- Set the language selection so phone does not prompt on factory reset
- default provision setting for time zone is missing DST option
- change http default login - or edit it to use the one from default settings

anyone had much luck setting up things like this, or have a X4U template even ? If I make progress with this, happy to post it back into the community / git so others can use it

Status
Not open for further replies.