SOLVED Cron Jobs auto upon installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Only fusionpbx-backup and fusionpbx-maintenance are added by the FusionPBX install.

The backup is useful to run daily, by default it keeps compressed archives of Fusion itself and recordings, voicemail and other configuration for two days and it keeps a backup of your database for 4 days. Good to have a recent backup to restore from if you do something silly - and we have all done something silly at some point in the past!

The maintenance just keeps things tidy, it deletes old data and saves disk space.

I run them both daily, but I took them out of cron.daily and put them in a crontab for root because I wanted to run them at specific times of the day.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Thank you so much for the information. You are very helpful.

I wonder where those other cron jobs came from? I found them after I installed WebMin

Again - I thank you

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
The following in cron.daily on my system were installed by the Debian installation:

apt-compat
bsdmainutils
dpkg
exim4-base
logrotate
man-db
ntp
passwd
sysstat

I notice you also have mdadm, this was probably installed by Debian if you have software RAID.

You can find out what files have been installed (Debian system) by a package with dpkg, the following shows all the files installed by the ntp package:
Code:
root@a2es-test-blue3:~# dpkg -L ntp

If you want to find out what package a file belongs to, dpkg again with different arguments, the following finds the package for file /etc/cron.daily/ntp:
Code:
root@a2es-test-blue3:~# dpkg -S /etc/cron.daily/ntp

Status
Not open for further replies.