Sep 29, 2016
Just so YOU know, on Debian, just log in as a regular user then type:
Code:
su -

Then everything will install perfectly.

Reactions: ZPM

smn

Jul 18, 2017
It works ok on 9 and 10. I found a bug in D10 the first 5 minutes of using it that causes firewalld to not work unless you install a backport update that has not made it into stable release yet. That caused me to waste a couple hours trying to figure all that out. So D10 is still a little green imo and you are better off using D9 for now.

Last edited:

smn

Jul 18, 2017
Since when has fusionpbx used firewalld?

It doesn't have anything to do with fusionpbx as far as I know. Perhaps the install script still uses iptables but I don't use the install script.

I prefer using firewalld these days. Try it and you might find you like it.

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
My point is that if you are using the install script, is well. For any non-experienced user considering NOT using iptables/fail2ban, be aware that these are essential to protect you from brute force attacks and not using them will weaken your security considerably.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
We have been recommending FusionPBX on Debian 9. Debian 10 worked in most cases however we had a few things to resolve on Debian 10. That work has been completed all known issues are fixed.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
My point is that if you are using the install script, is well. For any non-experienced user considering NOT using iptables/fail2ban, be aware that these are essential to protect you from brute force attacks and not using them will weaken your security considerably.

Firewalld is a client interface for iptables. It seems to play well with fail2ban so no issues there. It is arguably easier to use for non-experienced users.

Either one will work so if you prefer using the traditional iptables client interface you can keep doing that. I like firewalld because it makes adding standard rules very simple and automatically adds the state rules for you. I also like that it is IPv6 aware so those state rules automatically get added for you as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.