Dedicated access Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
Hi all,

I have a question we are installing a new sip trunk over dedicated access from a new supplier.
My question is how would I program my Debian server to have this access with CPE device for inbound and outbound calling and a second connection supplied by the data center for other sip connection over the internet.

Thanks in advance

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Your server would need two network interfaces for freeswitch to use. One for the dedicated service and one for everything else. The nature of the interfaces will depend on your environment, but freeswitch just needs 2 sets of ip addresses to use and is the basic origins of the "internal" and "external" sip profiles.

It isn't documented very well in freeswitch or Fusionpbx, but freeswitch does have https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Multi+home+tutorial

Once you have 2 interfaces, you assign a sip profile to listed on the appropriate ip address and port for each interface.

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
Your server would need two network interfaces for freeswitch to use. One for the dedicated service and one for everything else. The nature of the interfaces will depend on your environment, but freeswitch just needs 2 sets of ip addresses to use and is the basic origins of the "internal" and "external" sip profiles.

It isn't documented very well in freeswitch or Fusionpbx, but freeswitch does have https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Multi+home+tutorial

Once you have 2 interfaces, you assign a sip profile to listed on the appropriate ip address and port for each interface.
thanks for the quick reply

this is what i need right?

Note that everywhere there's an IP address (RTP_IP, SIP_IP, EXT_RTP_IP, EXT_SIP_IP), its the LAN Ethernet address on our FS box or the address of a LAN SIP phone (under Registrations). That's what we want. The internal.xml profile is listening ONLY on the LAN.

Do the same thing for the external profile:

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
im still a bit confused on how to program that nic to act as a gateway in freeswitch any examples would be great

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
That would be transparent to the app, you would just configure a gateway as normal and the OS would choose to route using that nic based on your network configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.