Default Variables Per Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaCon

Nov 11, 2016
Hello,
I have 4 domains in one FusionPBX
I see under Advanced --> Variables
Default variables for every domain in same FusionPBX but I want per domain different Defaults for next variables

default_language
default_dialect
default_voice
global_codec_prefs
timezone
sound_prefix
hold_music
us-ring
default_country
default_countrycode
default_exitcode

Now I have resolved with the custom xml files for every domain, it's works but I need a solution in FusionPBX, i don't want add a new xml file for every new domain. I think i can be easy with FusionPBX interface.
I've tried with under the menu Advanced --> Domains --> Click on The Domain and add new domain settings. I can limit here for extentions etc but i can't override any default variable. I think i enter wrong variables in Caterory: Subcategory: Type: Value: under Domain Settings.
Can someone give me an example for a variable like default_language for only a domain in FusionPBX

My Solution
-----
My XML files like next:
New file per domain lie;
/etc/freeswitch/domains/domains/company-a.org.xml
in every xml files i have custom settings like;
-----
<include>
<!--the domain or ip (the right hand side of the @ in the addr-->
<domain name="company-a.org">
<params>
<param name="dial-string" value="{presence_id=${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain}}${sofia_contact(${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain})}"/>
</params>

<variables>
<variable name="record_stereo" value="true"/>
<variable name="default_gateway" value="$${default_provider}"/>
<variable name="default_areacode" value="$${default_areacode}"/>
<variable name="transfer_fallback_extension" value="operator"/>
<variable name="user_context" value="company-a.org"/>
</variables>

<groups>
<group name="company-a.org">
<users>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="company-a.org/*.xml"/>
</users>
</group>

</groups>

</domain>
</include>
-----

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
DigitalDaz... When I create a new Domain and then switch to the domain. The default settings are the same as the main domain. If I make a change in the default settings or variables the changes are applied on all domains. Has there been a change since the last time you made the video..

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Frank, no, not at all, watch the video again, the default settings apply to ALL domains, you need to copy the settings to the domain of interest and then edit them in advanced/domains and the domain of your choice.

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
Thats the strange thing. When I create a new domain all the settings are already there. In your video when you create a new domain the default settings in the new domain are empty. This is not the case for me.

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
Watched the video again. I notice you go to domains in advanced and do not switch to the new domain then default settings. My error ... Sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.