desk phones not hanging up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
My extension has several desk/soft phones connected. When I answer a incoming call on a desk phone it never hangs up if the remote party ends the call. No other user on the system has multiple phones so no one else has reported this issue. The system is a new install of 4.4.

both desk phone do it, 1 is a grandstream the other is a yealink.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Freeswitch version 1.8.5 has a NAT bug, you using that by any chance?

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
Running Freeswitch 1.8.5, must be the NAT bug. Thanks! I'm the only person experiencing the issue so I may just live with it.

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
You shuold uninstall version 1.8.5 and install 1.8.4

Worked for me

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
how do you downgrade to 1.8.4 from 1.8.5 if installed by packages ? i have the same issues with a new install ..

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@Incubugs

Run this first:
Code:
wget -qO - http://freeswitch.sip247.com/debian/freeswitch-stable-amd64/fs-stretch.gpg.key | apt-key add -

Edit: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freeswitch.list

Change it to:
Code:
deb http://freeswitch.sip247.com/debian/freeswitch-stable-amd64/ stretch main

I am told this will then fix it, I would advise you to snapshot it first just in case:

Code:
apt update
apt remove freeswitch *
aptitude install freeswitch-meta-all freeswitch-all-dbg gdb

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Thats great m8, thanks alot as a side note is the above possible to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8.4 ? although the node is running deb 8 ? maybe deb 8 cant run 1.8.4 ?

Also using teh above does that keep all the fusionpbx configs ?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Yes, follow the normal procedure to update debian first, I have done this on more than one occasion.

Also, refresh you page, I just amended it, don't know if you got the amendments

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Yeah i got the changes, thats a big help i have a few 1.6 that could do with an update, so i update debian 8 to 9 , then do the above and hope it doesnt die :) hehe , thanks alot

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Because of these basic things that in my opinion should be public, ie we should not be providing an installer that leaves someone with a buggy system, I would advise anyone doing multitenant to join the fusion PBX members thingy, its good value for money and should be the first thing on your shopping list.

For single tenant users I would seriously look at 3cx. The 4 and 8 concurrent call are free with some limitations eg no call recording and queueing etc. But even the commercial version a cheap for low concurrent calls.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I have installed 3CX before it is a good platform, the only thing i would say about 3CX is i am not overly keen on their business practices, its difficult to sell a system that they give away for free. Telecoms is our core business we sell many hardware on site solutions but use fusionpbx as a cloud platform and in the main it works great. Only thing i would like on it is some kind of reporting solution and wallboards. I may invest in the membership for fusionpbx soon, we are installing more and more of these as peopple tend to shift away form hardware solutions.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I would say the membership is almost a necessity now. Also there is no requirement any longer to have taken any classes. This means you are in for $100 per month and get classes thrown in for free as well as access to the previous recordings.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Do they have things like showing howto do hotdesk etc ? in those past videos ? , although using Yealink its pretty easy anyway i just wondered if fusionpbx had a native way of doing it. Also i noticed on the membership page he does have an application for wallboards but that $500 a month and thats a bit steep for me right now, the $100 a month though is a good plan i think. Do you get support for that ? and how fast does he respond ?

Status
Not open for further replies.