Desperate API question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
Guys I am no programmer and am borderline retarded when it comes to API. I know very very basic stuff because of my experience with pulling data into power bi but asside from that I know nothing

I use skyetel and they have an API to utilize SMS and I have a softphone client that has an API to utilize SMS.

Do I need to develop a program to run on its own server to act as a middle man to handle this communication? I assume something has to handle translation for skyetel and my client.... I didn't use any of my support hours this month with mark so I am going to see if he can handle this for me but if it is to much of a pain for him I may just outsource it to fiverr but i don't know what to ask for, about how much it should cost and what implementation would look like, I would also have to ensure it is secure.

This is my desperate shout out to anyone who can offer some tips

I spoke with CEO at skyetel (We have a descent size account with them) and the lead developer of the client software and they are working on a solution to be rolled out in the next month but I have been waiting forever and just lost another bid cause they don't want to wait for an unsure date of sms implementation and the only way I get sms to work on softphone is with bria and twilio and I am not a fan of Twilio and try to avvoid bria because Im tired of their enterprise pricing model and lack of support.

TIA ya'll

Status
Not open for further replies.