Destinations - I am confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

ropeguru

Feb 28, 2019
So I have a new install of version 4.4.4 installed and am confused a bit about why destinations, in the case hold_music, are not showing up as an action when I create an inbound destination..

According to the documentation here, https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/dialplan/advanced_dialplans.html#enable-a-dialplan-destination , as long as there is a number populated in the "Number" field, I should be able to use the "Destination" and set it to "True" so it will show up as an action. However, the hold_music does not have the "Destination" field showing for me to set to "True".

See screen shot.

Attachments

• Destination Missing.PNG
    Destination Missing.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 26

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
James’ answer is correct. There are many features in docs.fusionpbx.com that are only available in master branch. Primarily because new features are in master first and are documented when built (or soon after). Also we should see a version update soon where master will become the new stable version.

Now to solve your problem while still on 4.4, you can type in the destination you want and/or edit the generated inbound route dial plan.

ropeguru

Feb 28, 2019
James’ answer is correct. There are many features in docs.fusionpbx.com that are only available in master branch. Primarily because new features are in master first and are documented when built (or soon after). Also we should see a version update soon where master will become the new stable version.

Now to solve your problem while still on 4.4, you can type in the destination you want and/or edit the generated inbound route dial plan.

So under Dialplan Menu I am using the Destinations option to configure an Inbound Route. Using this feature, the option for actions is a drop down and does not allow for typing in an action and the actions are very limited. See attachment.

So in this case do I have to either a) create under the Destinations with no action, save, then use the Inbound Route for adding an action to get what I want or b) forget using the Destinations option and just create my Inbound Route using the Inbound Route option from the Dialplan menu.

Attachments

• Destinations.PNG
    Destinations.PNG
    26.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Dialplan Menu.PNG
    Dialplan Menu.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 31

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You can edit the box where there are drop downs. Select some random option then click on the black icon next to the box “<I” and the box can be changed

Reactions: ropeguru
Status
Not open for further replies.