Developing Desktop Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
I'm looking at developing a desktop client used for pairing with a physical phone. The application would provide inbound call alerts (with CID) as well as presence, directory, etc. Ultimately I would like to integrate voicemail and fax management into the application. Looking for some ideas where to start?

Do I need to build an actual SIP client or is there another way to do it with FusionPBX/FreeSwitch (API, WebHook, etc)? Looking at the Operator App for reference but it seems to poll for data (could be wrong here) but not real time. A basic "base" example would be something like Grandstream Affinity. This will also communicate with third-party systems (i.e. CRM) on inbound call lookup.

Another option would be connecting the app to the phone using CSTA and/or CTI but I would prefer it to be PBX based and phone independent.

Note: The client could be web based or native.

Anyone else interested in something similar?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

brb5548

Sep 26, 2018
Interested. I have a lot of experience developing csta (tsapi/jtapi) applications and I have also started to look into developing a desktop client as well. I need to review the verto code.

rubberducky

Aug 30, 2017
I'm looking into getting the same kind of app developed, along with it being iOS and Android compatible. Similar to what 8x8 and RingCentral all have.

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
I feel there could be a lot of interest in something like this but still trying to find the best place to start.

If there is enough people interested maybe it would be a good open source project?

If I did start a project how many people would be interested in using something like this? Would it bring any value? Any folks interested in contributing?

Is there anything already available that I might not be aware of?

I know there are a few softphones/etc but I don’t think many of the OpenSource projects are great and/or no longer active. However maybe there is something out there I’m not seeing?

I think it would be awesome to have a FusionPBX client available though!

Status
Not open for further replies.