Devices: Primary and Secondary Address dropdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
After upgrading, the device fields for primary and secondary address are now dropdowns instead of text entry fields. They are not populated. I need to either:

1) populate them
2) revert back to text entry fields

Any help would be appreciated

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Any help would be appreciated
Well maybe not much help because I have not used the ~latest Master version yet, but looking at the code on GitHub for device edit,
https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx/blob/master/app/devices/device_edit.php

It would appear that the server address is now pulled from a default setting via a session variable.

Code:
$_SESSION['provision']['server_address_primary']['text'];
$_SESSION['provision']['server_address_secondary']['text'];

I assume you have done the usual post upgrade steps app_defaults etc... with no luck.

In Advanced->Default Settings, you could try adding a sub category entry under the provision category, called server_address_primary, log out and back in again, and see if it turns up in your drop down.

I will be able to test in a few days when I get yet another "latest version" built, but that's not going to help you right now.

EDIT: It would appear that "older versions" also look for server_address_primary etc in default settings to help pre-populate the form. Not a setting I have ever used because all my domains have a different server address!

Last edited:

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Well maybe not much help because I have not used the ~latest Master version yet, but looking at the code on GitHub for device edit,
https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx/blob/master/app/devices/device_edit.php

It would appear that the server address is now pulled from a default setting via a session variable.

Code:
$_SESSION['provision']['server_address_primary']['text'];
$_SESSION['provision']['server_address_secondary']['text'];

I assume you have done the usual post upgrade steps app_defaults etc... with no luck.

In Advanced->Default Settings, you could try adding a sub category entry under the provision category, called server_address_primary, log out and back in again, and see if it turns up in your drop down.

Yes, I did all the usual steps, etc. I can use your method or edit the database directly to get this going. What I'm looking for is the setting that governs all this. I've been through group manager and default settings and if it is there, I have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.