Dial Plan Manager - Call_limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
Call_Limit in Dial Plan Manager is disabled by default. Does it actually do anything if enabled.

I am trying to set a maximum call limit on the inbound route but it does not seem to work.

I also set an Action Limit in the inbound route and it also does not work.

Any ideas..

Samael28

Apr 5, 2017
Hi!
Can you show dialplan parts? Without it it's hard to guess. And what log says?

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
I don't know why you would want to limit incoming calls but try adding the limit statement to the inbound route itself. Dialplan -> Inbound Route

An example for a limit of 1 inbound call per domain:

upload_2017-6-7_21-3-6.png

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
EasyBB. I tried what you posted but it does not seem to work. From what I understand the rule controls the number of simultanous inbound calls, once the call is transfered it allows more calls. I want to restrict the total active inbound calls.

Frank

Dec 28, 2016
Got it to work. I wasn't sure what Call_Limit did, but I enabled it, set the inbound_limit to 2 and it works.

Chidado

Mar 8, 2017
Hello Frank,

I am trying to accomplish the same as you are and need some assistance. Where did you set inbound_limit to 2.

Thanks in advance

Feb 8, 2018
Hello.
I need an help on similar problem.
I would limit inbound calls to 4. At third received calls, I would play a sound to advise on busy channels and hangup.
Any suggestion?

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Hello.
I need an help on similar problem.
I would limit inbound calls to 4. At third received calls, I would play a sound to advise on busy channels and hangup.
Any suggestion?
Did you manage to do this I'd like to do the same. i.e. play a message to say all channels are busy.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The limit action can be several things other than just !USER_BUSY.

An easy way would be to create a custom dial plan such as "limit_exceeded" and make the action the new dial plan.

Instead of hash inbound ${domain_uuid} ${max_calls} !USER_BUSY
Make it hash inbound ${domain_uuid} ${max_calls} limit_exceeded XML ${domain_uuid}

Status
Not open for further replies.